California is known for its beautiful landscapes, from rugged mountains to stunning beaches. It’s no wonder that it’s one of the top destinations for camping in the United States. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the best places to camp in California.
- Yosemite National Park: Yosemite is one of the most iconic national parks in the country, known for its stunning waterfalls, granite cliffs, and giant sequoias. There are 13 campgrounds in the park, ranging from primitive sites to RV sites with hookups. It’s important to note that reservations are required for all campsites in Yosemite.
- Joshua Tree National Park: Joshua Tree is a unique desert landscape, known for its twisted, spiky trees and rock formations. The park has nine campgrounds, with a range of options from primitive sites to RV sites with hookups. Reservations are required for some sites, but many are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Big Sur: Located along California’s central coast, Big Sur is a stunning stretch of coastline with redwood forests, rocky cliffs, and sandy beaches. There are several campgrounds in the area, including Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park and Andrew Molera State Park.
- Lake Tahoe: Lake Tahoe is a popular destination for camping and outdoor recreation, with crystal-clear waters and mountain views. There are several campgrounds in the area, including Emerald Bay State Park and Fallen Leaf Campground.
- Redwood National and State Parks: Redwood National and State Parks are home to some of the tallest trees in the world, as well as stunning coastline and wildlife. There are several campgrounds in the area, including Jedediah Smith Campground and Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.
- Death Valley National Park: Death Valley is a harsh desert landscape, known for its extreme temperatures and rugged terrain. Despite this, it’s a popular destination for camping and stargazing. The park has several campgrounds, including Furnace Creek Campground and Mesquite Spring Campground.
These are just a few of the best places to camp in California. Whether you’re looking for a mountain retreat or a coastal escape, there’s a camping destination in California for every type of camper. So grab your tent, pack your bags, and get ready to explore all that the Golden State has to offer.
Leave a Reply